Effective use of all workplace competencies begins with good communication skills!
Do you use scientific, reliable and accurate methods to assess communication skills?
Why use Versant?
Many companies and organizations use Versant tests because they help organizations to uphold language standards that are critical to customer satisfaction and employee productivity. When English language and communication skills are essential for success on the job, Versant automated tests can quickly and objectively screen candidates. The test is administered in just minutes by telephone or computer. Improve your staffing and talent management processes with these accurate, reliable tests that drive positive business results.
- Competency areas - English oral and written language proficiency
- Administration type - Automated by phone (spoken English), computer (written English)
- Test duration - 17 minutes (spoken English), 50 minutes (written English)
Versant Tests: Helping Enhance Communication Skills at the Workplace
As the leading test of spoken and written English, Versant is being leveraged by leading corporations around the world to provide a fairer, more consistent, and efficient option for evaluating language and communication skills. Versant is a recognized leader in automated language testing and is being increasingly used in organizations around the world due to its ability to offer fast, reliable, affordable and accurate language testing on a large scale.
Versant tests are the only completely automated tests for both spoken and written English, using patented speech and text processing technology.
Using the patented Ordinate® speech processing technology and Knowledge Analysis Technologies™ text engine, Versant tests can be taken on a telephone or a computer and scores are available online within minutes.
How Versant Test Administration Works
- The administrator provides the candidate with written instructions and a personal access number
- The candidates can access the test 24 hours a day by phone (for Versant spoken English tests) or on a computer installed with Pearson’s Computed Delivered Test software (for Versant written English test)
- The administrator retrieves scores online within minutes
For more information on each type of delivery method, go here.
Benefits of using Versant
- Measure the spoken and written communication skills in business settings using a method that eliminates cultural and subjective bias
- Screen more employees in less time, streamlining your recruiting or training processes and reducing assessment costs
- Deliver more objective, consistent assessments without the variability typical of multiple evaluators and administrations
- Enable the right language proficiency levels throughout your organization
With a correlation of r = 0.97, the computer-generated Versant Test scores are virtually indistinguishable from human scoring.